Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Apostle Islands Kayaking

A few weeks ago, I did my first kayaking trip where I was carrying camping gear in my own boat. This was pretty exciting to me, since it was the whole reason I originally chose the QCC 500X. I learned that kayaking is a lot different than backpacking - you don't care about weight, but do care (somewhat) about volume. So, if I am going to be doing more kayak camping (and yes, I will be), I need to re-think how I am approaching this.

The following picture shows Ron walking along the beach, searching for white stones. The fog has come in, and blends in with the water as if Ron were at the edge of the world:


As the fog cleared the next morning, there was a sailboat in the harbor near our campsite:

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Nice pictures! It was good crossing paths a few days back.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home