Tuesday, May 10, 2005

The Aras Corporation

While doing some googling recently, I came across a company with a really cool name. The Aras Corporation. They are are based in Lawrence, MA, and produce software for manufacturing organizations. I felt compelled to see if I could obtain a shirt with their logo on it. They sent me a black polo shirt, with a red logo embroidered on it. Very sharp looking.



The web site itself is somewhat surrealistic. Since I have not yet internalized the notion of a company with my name, everywhere that it refers to the company, I internalize it as something I am doing. As an example, "Aras is actively building a world-class team." Good stuff.

I wore the shirt to work last week. Although I know that the engineers with whom I work are high caliber, it really drove the point home when the vast majority of them assumed that the shirt was from a company I had started. In "past lives", the question would have simply been "where did you get that shirt". Different standards, different assumptions. I am happy to be in a place where the bar is set this high.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home