Thursday, December 01, 2005

Remodeling Woes

Well, the remodeling project stalled out a bit last weekend. Instead of working on the remodeling, I spent 8 hours across the street helping my neighbor replace a hot water heater. Their unit had failed, and was leaking water everywhere. We (Dave, George and I) run into some unexpected problems, so of course everything took a lot longer than planned. I thought it would be a useful skill to learn, so I stuck around to help and learn.

As it turns out, a friend of mine at work (Craig) announced today that *HIS* hot water heater failed this week, and is leaking water everywhere. So I'm going over there on Friday after work to help him get things fixed. He is willing to help me with my project, so hopefully I can get back on track this weekend.

Here is a picture of how things look right now. Pretty messy - I am eager to get the place cleaned up so that we can start moving forward.



The electrical setup has been full of surprises. Discovered tonite that not all of the outlets were wired up the ground fault protection circuit. Some, but not all. Frustrating - makes me wonder who inspected the original wiring!

The other setback this week was my realization that I need to design the entire bathroom, not just the vanity. I've been using TurboCad to do this, and am very happy with the product. Here is the current plan:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home